Hey! Welcome to Aussie Rules Forums!
If you are a member, Log in straight away and get posting!
If you are a guest, register here, we would love to have you aboard!
Hey! Welcome to Aussie Rules Forums!
If you are a member, Log in straight away and get posting!
If you are a guest, register here, we would love to have you aboard!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any NFL Fans Here?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scruffy

Scruffy

Any NFL Fans Here? Empty
PostSubject: Any NFL Fans Here?   Any NFL Fans Here? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:52 pm

Are there any NFL fans on here?

I started following it this year, and decided to finally pick a team in round 4 I think it was. I was going to start supporting either Chicago Bears or New Orleans Saints. It may seem like a funny way to find a team but I played a few games on Madden10 to work out who I would support. Although that only made it harder, as I loved players from both sides. In the end after more watching some games as well, Brees, Bush and the Saints won out. I just loved there style of play, and also I like the town of New Orleans. Someone told me the way they chose their team was by picking out a mascot they liked. Something similar to that helped me with the choice, U2 & Greenday - The Saints Are Coming! I love that song, and it is used by the Saints alot.

Looking back on my desicion, it makes me look like a bit of a bandwagoner I guess, the fact that I only chose a team this year and that they have done so well. I didn't know we were going to go so well, and instead of being a 'watcher' I now call myself a true supporter of the Saints.

The two losses we have had recently have been dissapointing, especially with them being against one team who has seemed to have a 'December Curse' on themselves for a while and the other against the bottom placed team.
I hope that we can get back on track, and get back to winning.

So now it is out to you people, do you like the NFL? Support a team or just like watching it every now and then? Let the rest of us know here!
Back to top Go down
Daniel S

Daniel S

Any NFL Fans Here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any NFL Fans Here?   Any NFL Fans Here? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:09 pm

No sorry i dont know how the game works i have tried watching it and i just don't get it at all. Lol all i know is Saverio Rocca and Ben Graham went there.
Back to top Go down
Scruffy

Scruffy

Any NFL Fans Here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any NFL Fans Here?   Any NFL Fans Here? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:06 pm

It is actualy pretty easy to understand after a while.
What don't you understand about it?
Back to top Go down
Daniel S

Daniel S

Any NFL Fans Here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any NFL Fans Here?   Any NFL Fans Here? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:22 pm

lol pretty much everything i just dont get it xD i like the new england team though.
Back to top Go down
Scruffy

Scruffy

Any NFL Fans Here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any NFL Fans Here?   Any NFL Fans Here? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 1:11 pm

Yeah but are there any specific parts that you don't get.
Like any rules, or just the way the game is played or what?
Lol, just wanna see if I can help you understand it Razz
Back to top Go down
Daniel S

Daniel S

Any NFL Fans Here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any NFL Fans Here?   Any NFL Fans Here? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 1:42 pm

umm how do you get a touchdown and like when the guy throws it to a running guy whats the point of that?
Back to top Go down
Falcon95

Falcon95

Any NFL Fans Here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any NFL Fans Here?   Any NFL Fans Here? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 2:54 pm

i dont like NFL, I think the americans are werid
Back to top Go down
Scruffy

Scruffy

Any NFL Fans Here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any NFL Fans Here?   Any NFL Fans Here? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 4:25 pm

Daniel S wrote:
umm how do you get a touchdown and like when the guy throws it to a running guy whats the point of that?

You get a touchdown when you cross the line. It is just like in NRL, if you run over the line and put it down it is a try. If you run over the line, it is a touchdown. Or you can just throw the ball to the player if he is standing in the end zone (In league term 'Between try line and dead ball line')
And well is there ever a 'point' as to why a game is played. That is like saying why do they kick it through the goals or why do they throw it into the basket or why do they touch the ball down over the line.
It is very exciting to see long 60-70 odd yard throws by the quarter back, and it sets up for awesome catches.

Falcon95 wrote:
i dont like NFL, I think the americans are werid

What do you think is weird about it?
Back to top Go down
Falcon95

Falcon95

Any NFL Fans Here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any NFL Fans Here?   Any NFL Fans Here? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 4:39 pm

everything Scuff, its a silly sport
Back to top Go down
Scruffy

Scruffy

Any NFL Fans Here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any NFL Fans Here?   Any NFL Fans Here? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 7:57 pm

How though?

What is it that makes you think it is a silly sport?
Back to top Go down
Falcon95

Falcon95

Any NFL Fans Here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any NFL Fans Here?   Any NFL Fans Here? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 7:59 pm

you stop and start every few seconds, it just isn't football, the only point of the game is to ram into others. I see little point in the game
Back to top Go down
Scruffy

Scruffy

Any NFL Fans Here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any NFL Fans Here?   Any NFL Fans Here? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:47 pm

The point isn't to ram into others.
No offence, but that is a stupid comment.
You 'ram into others' to block the defenders sothat the play can be set up. Ad the players are just brilliant, the plays that they pull off are amazing.

To say all they do is ram into eachother is silly to say, there is ALOT more to the game then just that.
Back to top Go down
Falcon95

Falcon95

Any NFL Fans Here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any NFL Fans Here?   Any NFL Fans Here? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 9:20 pm

Scruffy wrote:
The point isn't to ram into others.
No offence, but that is a stupid comment.
You 'ram into others' to block the defenders sothat the play can be set up. Ad the players are just brilliant, the plays that they pull off are amazing.

To say all they do is ram into eachother is silly to say, there is ALOT more to the game then just that.

whatever, thats all I see in the game, nothing compared to Aussie Rules!
Back to top Go down
Scruffy

Scruffy

Any NFL Fans Here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any NFL Fans Here?   Any NFL Fans Here? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 9:30 pm

Alot of people don't like it because of the stop start stuff, but you have to stop to be able to come up with great plays.
Back to top Go down
cyclops

Any NFL Fans Here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any NFL Fans Here?   Any NFL Fans Here? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:42 am

I have followed the Oakland Raiders for over 20 years its sad to see how this once great team has performed over the last 4 or 5 seasons Sad
Back to top Go down
Scruffy

Scruffy

Any NFL Fans Here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any NFL Fans Here?   Any NFL Fans Here? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:52 am

Uh Raiders..

5-10 aint that bad Razz

Nah, keep in there they can only improve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any NFL Fans Here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any NFL Fans Here?   Any NFL Fans Here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any NFL Fans Here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Other Sports :: Other Sports-
Jump to: