Hey! Welcome to Aussie Rules Forums!
If you are a member, Log in straight away and get posting!
If you are a guest, register here, we would love to have you aboard!
Hey! Welcome to Aussie Rules Forums!
If you are a member, Log in straight away and get posting!
If you are a guest, register here, we would love to have you aboard!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favourite all time player from your club? Why?

Go down 
+3
TheFeldster
EIMERS !!!
twentyone.
7 posters
AuthorMessage
twentyone.

twentyone.

Favourite all time player from your club? Why? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite all time player from your club? Why?   Favourite all time player from your club? Why? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 1:58 am

Quinten Lynch.

Farout. What a freekin legend. Hes been named in the eagles team of the century, and has played 150 games. He has been named in the West Australian team of the century aswell, along with the past couple of West Australian State of Origin teams - being a total legend at CHF. His big kick impressed me the first time i watched a game of Aussie RUles footy - back in 2005. His glove, his trademark, his simple act that gets the crowd standing up - sure, hes not the greatest player ever. But i admire him for his passion for the game and his hardworking efforts, the fact that he is alot larger than many of your average Aussie Rules players and uses that to his advantage to break out of large packs and kick insane goals.
Back to top Go down
EIMERS !!!

PostSubject: Re: Favourite all time player from your club? Why?   Favourite all time player from your club? Why? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 8:47 am

I'd have to say Dustin Fletcher, Great on field leader, defensive general, one of the best defenders of all time and is so modest about his talent as well, also can kick a goal from 80m out.
Back to top Go down
TheFeldster

TheFeldster

PostSubject: Re: Favourite all time player from your club? Why?   Favourite all time player from your club? Why? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:05 am

<---

He won us two premierships, really. Nuff said.

McLeod a close second Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tonks

Tonks

PostSubject: Re: Favourite all time player from your club? Why?   Favourite all time player from your club? Why? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:45 am

Chris Judd, absolute legend. Although he hasn't won a Brownlow or Priemership at Carlton, I was always watching him when he played for WCE.
Back to top Go down
twentyone.

twentyone.

PostSubject: Re: Favourite all time player from your club? Why?   Favourite all time player from your club? Why? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 11:56 am

Tonks wrote:
Chris Judd, absolute legend. Although he hasn't won a Brownlow or Priemership at Carlton, I was always watching him when he played for WCE.

Trust me, I watched him too. One of our greatest.
Back to top Go down
Hotdogs

Hotdogs

PostSubject: Re: Favourite all time player from your club? Why?   Favourite all time player from your club? Why? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 11:59 am

My favourite all time player is Buckley, perfectly understandable, one of the greatest Collingwood players ever, I am just grateful to have watched him.

My favourite current player is Leon, he's just magic, nothing more, nothing less.
Back to top Go down
tasmanlvr

tasmanlvr

PostSubject: Re: Favourite all time player from your club? Why?   Favourite all time player from your club? Why? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 1:50 pm

Well since 1897 (the first year in the VFL/AFL) we've had heaps of legends (and duds) at the Melbourne Football Club, but it's really hard to pick one, so I'll just list some.

Ivor Warne-Smith: First player to win 2 Brownlow medals (in 1926 and 1928). Nuff said.

Don Cordner - Became a champion in his own right (in the ruck I think). Won the first Brownlow Medal after a 5 year hiatus in 1946. He was the best of the legendary Cordner family.

Ron Barassi - He CREATED the ruck-rover position. Surely the greatest midfielder Melbourne's ever had.

Robert Flower - Gave in week in, week out. He was one of the few that did that when we were struggling. Shame we couldn't finish off his career with a premiership.

Jim Stynes - A true champion on and off field. One of the greatest stories in football, and is still the consecutive games record holder with 244. And his contributions to the Melbourne Football Club since retirement has been excellent - we don't point the finger at him for ruining our 1987 season (but have we ever??? I dunno).

Garry Lyon - One of the greatest leaders Melbourne has ever had, just behind Flower. Injuries ruined his last few years but you couldn't deny he had an influence every time Melbourne played!

David Neitz - Wayne Carey once called him a great centre-half back I think (or full-back something like that). And then he moved forward, won himself a Coleman Medal and became one of the more dangerous forwards in the game. His 250th game against Geelong in round 3, 2005 was one of the best games I'd ever been to. Again, nuff said.
Back to top Go down
twentyone.

twentyone.

PostSubject: Re: Favourite all time player from your club? Why?   Favourite all time player from your club? Why? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:37 am

Great Read there Tasmanlvr! I agree especially with Barassi, he made that position and contributed to how it is today (i know this because hes one of the couple of players ive reasearched/found out about).
Back to top Go down
tasmanlvr

tasmanlvr

PostSubject: Re: Favourite all time player from your club? Why?   Favourite all time player from your club? Why? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:04 am

twentyone. wrote:
Great Read there Tasmanlvr! I agree especially with Barassi, he made that position and contributed to how it is today (i know this because hes one of the couple of players ive reasearched/found out about).

Cheers for that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jamie

jamie

PostSubject: Re: Favourite all time player from your club? Why?   Favourite all time player from your club? Why? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:57 pm

gotta say bucks, great captain and excellent player. id just like to say that i love watching old carlton games with jezza and brucey doull they are the greatest carlton players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite all time player from your club? Why?   Favourite all time player from your club? Why? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite all time player from your club? Why?
Page 1 of 1