Hey! Welcome to Aussie Rules Forums!
If you are a member, Log in straight away and get posting!
If you are a guest, register here, we would love to have you aboard!
Hey! Welcome to Aussie Rules Forums!
If you are a member, Log in straight away and get posting!
If you are a guest, register here, we would love to have you aboard!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2010 Essendon Season Preview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EIMERS !!!

2010 Essendon Season Preview Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Essendon Season Preview   2010 Essendon Season Preview EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 12:55 pm

Will be an interesting rollercoaster ride for the boys from Windy Hill this season, with the loss of Lloyd, Lucas, McPhee and Lovett they have one of the youngest lists in the competition, however I feel that there is something very special about this list that Matthew Knights is putting together, we drafted very well adding Jake Melksham, Jake Carlisle, Travis Colyer and finally another Long, Anthony Long join the list in 2010, and the addition of Mark Williams adds some much needed experience in the forward line. Like the look of Kyle Hardingham who we took with our pick in the PSD, who has been compared to Luke Hodge in game style with a bit more defensive mindset and describes himself as a defensive general, I expect him to play a reasonable amout of games in 2010.

So where will Essendon finish in 2010? A lot of people think that they will drop off with the losses of Lloyd, Lucas, McPhee and Lovett, I personally think they will improve but they do face a tough draw on the way to hopefully some more September action then what they saw in 2009. Lets take a look at the 4 losses Lloyd, Lucas, McPhee and Lovett. Now as much as I love Scott Lucas, seriously he did stuff all in 2009 and would no longer be in the 22 anyway, Adam McPhee is one of the worst decision makers in the league, which is evident when he chose to go to Fremantle, I have no doubt that he would have been replaced by someone else in the 22 anyway, and Andrew Lovett, seriously what a total social fcuk up and overated player yes he had those flashes of brilliance however he is terribly lazy, disinterested and would never go in to win his own ball and will be replaced quite easily. Laycock will be playing for his career in 2010.

Essendon had a pretty bad year with injuries in 2009, which seems to happen every year now haven't had a good year with injuries for ages. We lost Welsh, McVeigh, Reimers, Fletcher, Hurley, Gumbleton and Prismall for large chunks of the year and Hille and Laycock for the entire season. Hopefully Essendon will finally start having some luck with injuries especially with Gumbleton because I know that he will be a star, just needs an extended run of games.

With the addition of Mark Williams adding some much needed experience and creativity to the forwardline and that Essendon has one of the most promising developing lists in the league, my final guess on where Essendon will finish is 6th.

Essendon GO BOMBERS Essendon
Back to top Go down

2010 Essendon Season Preview
Page 1 of 1