Hey! Welcome to Aussie Rules Forums!
If you are a member, Log in straight away and get posting!
If you are a guest, register here, we would love to have you aboard!
Hey! Welcome to Aussie Rules Forums!
If you are a member, Log in straight away and get posting!
If you are a guest, register here, we would love to have you aboard!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Furious Magpies

Go down 
+5
TealDevils
Falcon95
Lucas
Daniel S
Chris L
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris L

Chris L

The Furious Magpies Empty
PostSubject: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:30 pm

After being tossed aside by Geelong in the preliminary's this year Collingwood is heading into 2010 with vengeance on their mind and a growing hunger for the premiership gold.

Where do you see Collingwood in 2010 will they finally grab the coveted cup or will they fall short.
Back to top Go down
Daniel S

Daniel S

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:39 pm

Yeah we did get tossed aside by Geelong which was sad for me we worked pretty hard that season, and mind you it's the second time in 3 years we have lost to Geelong in the prelim's. Well by me being a Collingwood supporter i hope we can finally grab that premiership cup i would love it so much, we have a tough draw this year but i hope we can get through it and go the full mile.
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Lucas

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 3:09 am

Hopefully we can make the granny and thrash Geelong by 120 points!

Seriously though, we have one of the youngest teams in the AFL right now, so I think we did really well this year to make top 4 and get to a Prelim. The experience will be good for the younger guys and I think we should have an even better year in 2010.
Back to top Go down
Falcon95

Falcon95

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 7:51 am

I can see them in the top 4
Back to top Go down
Chris L

Chris L

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 9:20 am

Next year Collingwood will be a major contender for the cup. lets just hope they steam roll the saints outta the finals
Back to top Go down
TealDevils

TealDevils

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 10:16 am

Lucas wrote:
Hopefully we can make the granny and thrash Geelong by 120 points!

Seriously though, we have one of the youngest teams in the AFL right now, so I think we did really well this year to make top 4 and get to a Prelim. The experience will be good for the younger guys and I think we should have an even better year in 2010.
Yes please, I want that record gone.

Anyway, Collingwood will fall in the Prelims again, even with the additions of Luke Ball and Darren Jolly.
Back to top Go down
https://aussierules.forumotion.com
Chris L

Chris L

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 10:52 am

it will happen and geelong will be wanting to break that record again =/
Back to top Go down
Daniel S

Daniel S

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:17 am

I would love that record to be taken off port adelaide, they didn't deserve to be beaten by that much :\
Back to top Go down
Falcon95

Falcon95

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:18 am

Daniel S wrote:
I would love that record to be taken off port adelaide, they didn't deserve to be beaten by that much :\

yeah it shouldn't have been 119......................................shoulda been 219 Razz (sorry Teal had too)
Back to top Go down
Scruffy

Scruffy

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:19 pm

I would love to see us go all the way this season.
I think we will be able to go all the way to winning the premiership. We done a great job in trade week picking up Darren Jolly. Then we go and pick up Luke Ball in the national draft. I thought that when we picked Luke up we were not going to get Josh Thomas who I rate highly. Then we took Ben Sinclair and I thought, why not Thomas. Then when we picked up Thomas late at 75, I was estatic. From what I read of Hunter and Carter, they look like decent players, and Seamus, the vids I have seen of him, I see some promise there. All in all we done a great job during trade and draft periods and it has set us up for 2010.

Defenders: Presti, Harry O, Maxwell, Toovey, Shaw, Goldsack, N. Brown, Reid, Johnson
Midfielders: Swan, Pendles, O'Bree, Wellingham, Sidebottom, Beams, Cook, McCarthy
Forwards: Anthony, Cloke, Rusling, Medhurst, Lockyer, Corrie, Macaffer, Dawes, Dick
Ruck: Jolly, Wood
Utility: Didak, Davis, D. Thomas, L. Brown, Fraser
Draftees: Ball, J. Thomas, Sinclair, Carter, Hunter, Buckley

That is basically where main players that played during 2009 played. If you look at that, plus all our other young players like Barham, Rounds and co we are developing a great squad.
When you think about it we have plenty of players who can play in several different positions. We have some great older more experienced players like O'Bree, Fraser and Presti and co than ones that have been around for a bit like Swan, Maxwell, Shaw and we also have our fair share of youngsters 18-22 year olds.

We have heaps of depth and I think we could go all the way this year.
Back to top Go down
Cain Rivera

Cain Rivera

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:25 pm

TealDevils wrote:
Anyway, Collingwood will fall in the Prelims again, even with the additions of Luke Ball and Darren Jolly.

I am not sure we will, if we make it, we failed last season because we burnt so much energy trying to get back into the game against the Crows, Jolly adds the tap ruckman we have needed for a long period of time. Ball will add to our midfield, we will have Pendles back at full fitness if he can get into a final without breaking his foot again we are going to have a good shot.

Collingwood also had players go missing in the finals, we were just had too many passengers in our finals campaign, fix that we can do far.
Back to top Go down
Scruffy

Scruffy

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Yeah exactly.
Medhurst was out of form all season, although he usualy has a good season followed by a bad one.
I believe 2010 will be a big year for him.

If all our players from 2009 can stand up, I believe it could be enouhg along with the addition of Jolly a great tap ruckman who has good fitness and Ball a good in and under player. Two things Pies have needed for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Daniel S

Daniel S

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:51 am

i hope you guys are right about this i would lovee to see a pies premiership so badly it's not funny, although guys you must admit our draw is tough? whats ur opinion on that?
Back to top Go down
jamie

jamie

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:20 pm

as much as i want the pies to win the flag this year and they have such a good shot, i believe the sainters deserve it more and have worked harder, if we make it to the GF and lose i would be happy if we lost to the saints, not geelong or bulldogs.
Back to top Go down
Hotdogs

Hotdogs

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:45 pm

jamie wrote:
as much as i want the pies to win the flag this year and they have such a good shot, i believe the sainters deserve it more and have worked harder, if we make it to the GF and lose i would be happy if we lost to the saints, not geelong or bulldogs.
Tbqh I can't imagine myself being happy losing to any team in the GF...
Back to top Go down
jamie

jamie

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:30 pm

Hotdogs wrote:
jamie wrote:
Tbqh I can't imagine myself being happy losing to any team in the GF...

what i said is abit confusing
Back to top Go down
Chris L

Chris L

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 2:08 am

Best case scenario the Pies and the dogs will get in the grand final and hell is gonna break loose xD
Back to top Go down
Daniel S

Daniel S

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:25 am

Chris L wrote:
Best case scenario the Pies and the dogs will get in the grand final and hell is gonna break loose xD

Yeah that wouuld be a cracker of a match! and could very well be the grand final this year.
Back to top Go down
Chris L

Chris L

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:07 pm

We will have to see what the 2010 Season brings us
Back to top Go down
Cain Rivera

Cain Rivera

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Daniel S wrote:
i hope you guys are right about this i would lovee to see a pies premiership so badly it's not funny, although guys you must admit our draw is tough? whats ur opinion on that?
All the draws are going to be tough, if we want to be a serious contender we are going to have to start playing at our best all the time.
Back to top Go down
Hotdogs

Hotdogs

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 5:16 pm

Cain Rivera wrote:
Daniel S wrote:
All the draws are going to be tough, if we want to be a serious contender we are going to have to start playing at our best all the time.
Exactly.

I know we're capable of winning 18/19 of the 22 games we're going to play. But too often what we're capable of doing and what we end up doing are two very different things. The main thing I want improved this year is consistency.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Furious Magpies   The Furious Magpies Empty

Back to top Go down

The Furious Magpies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Team Sections :: Collingwood Magpies-
Jump to: