Hey! Welcome to Aussie Rules Forums!
If you are a member, Log in straight away and get posting!
If you are a guest, register here, we would love to have you aboard!
Hey! Welcome to Aussie Rules Forums!
If you are a member, Log in straight away and get posting!
If you are a guest, register here, we would love to have you aboard!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)?

Go down 
+5
Hotdogs
Tonks
TealDevils
Falcon95
twentyone.
9 posters
AuthorMessage
twentyone.

twentyone.

Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)? Empty
PostSubject: Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)?   Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 12:07 pm

And what do you love about playing them?

Sydney and West Coast.
Fremantle and West Coast.

Two of the most alive rivalries in the AFL Very Happy And my two favourites. Plus we have a bit of a rivalry with Adelaide which is always fun. My favourite is the Sydney/West Coast rivlary, because its just amazing. Every game minimizes every supporter of the blue and gold, or the red and white - to fast beating hearts and nails being bitten off faster than anything. I do not know why, I do not know how - but all the games we play are seperated usually by a goal or less.

Being named in the top 9 games of 2009 was Sydney v West Coast.

Quote :
9 - Sydney Swans 16.10 (106) d West Coast 15.11 (101), round eight, ANZ Stadium
It would hardly seem right to have a best games list without a match-up between these two latter-day titans. And this one lived up to the teams' extraordinary recent history with the Swans snatching the result at the death. But they had to do it in heart-stopping fashion after Eagles youngster Scott Selwood put his club in front for the first time deep into the final quarter. A 35m snap from Kieren Jack restored the home side's advantage with just seconds remaining
http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=88428

This video gives me goosebumps.

Back to top Go down
Falcon95

Falcon95

PostSubject: Re: Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)?   Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 12:16 pm

Collingwood, Gold Coast, Port Adealaide, Bulldogs and now the rivarly with Carlton is confirmed with Fev.

But I'd say GC will be our biggest rivals, but for now its s tie between Port and Collingwood
Back to top Go down
TealDevils

TealDevils

PostSubject: Re: Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)?   Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 1:09 pm

Crows are one, Collingwood are one, and now I'd say Hawthorn will be because of Shaun Burgoyne.
Back to top Go down
https://aussierules.forumotion.com
Tonks

Tonks

PostSubject: Re: Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)?   Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Collingwood, Essendon and Brisbane.
Back to top Go down
Hotdogs

Hotdogs

PostSubject: Re: Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)?   Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 1:24 pm

Carlscum.
Back to top Go down
EIMERS !!!

PostSubject: Re: Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)?   Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 1:25 pm

Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn, Brisbane, West Coast
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)?   Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 1:33 pm

Carlton, Essendon, Adelaide, Brisbane, Richmond, Melbourne, North, etc, etc... lol
Back to top Go down
Falcon95

Falcon95

PostSubject: Re: Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)?   Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 1:46 pm

I've had more of a think and here is my new list:

1. Gold Coast
2. Collingwood
3. Port Adelaide
4. Bulldogs
5. Essendon
6. Carlton
7. Sydney
8. St. Kilda
Back to top Go down
twentyone.

twentyone.

PostSubject: Re: Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)?   Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 2:45 pm

Falcon95 wrote:
I've had more of a think and here is my new list:

1. Gold Coast
2. Collingwood
3. Port Adelaide
4. Bulldogs
5. Essendon
6. Carlton
7. Sydney
8. St. Kilda

I myself cant wait to see Brisbane v Gold Coast, how epic would it be if Brisbane were the first team to ever play GC?
How about adding WCE, I mean now with the whole Dalziell/Staker trade Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Falcon95

Falcon95

PostSubject: Re: Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)?   Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 3:55 pm

wouldn't say Brisbane/WCE have a big rivarly but very competitive
Back to top Go down
twentyone.

twentyone.

PostSubject: Re: Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)?   Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 5:06 pm

EIMERS !!! wrote:
Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn, Brisbane, West Coast

Ahh yes, the last couple of years have been epic. Think we have won 4 of the last 5 against you guys - and in those games have been some pretty amazing moments. Scott Lucas' 8 goals in the final quater of round 22, 2007 in Kevin Sheedy and James Hirds final game at Subiaco oval, and for the eagles to hang on and win by just 8 points - what an amazing game. And who could forget Ben Mckinleys 7 goal haul last year?
Back to top Go down
tasmanlvr

tasmanlvr

PostSubject: Re: Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)?   Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 7:26 am

Collingwood by a mile for mine... the history of our rivalry 50 years ago was just EPIC. We always beat them, especially come finals time Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jamie

jamie

PostSubject: Re: Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)?   Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 10:14 am

collingwood and carlton, collingwood and adelaide (i hate them)

i love watching essendon and hawthorn play it is rough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)?   Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is your teams biggest Rival(s)?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Main Discussion :: General AFL Talk-
Jump to: