Hey! Welcome to Aussie Rules Forums!
If you are a member, Log in straight away and get posting!
If you are a guest, register here, we would love to have you aboard!
Hey! Welcome to Aussie Rules Forums!
If you are a member, Log in straight away and get posting!
If you are a guest, register here, we would love to have you aboard!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

do you think fitzroy should come back to the afl again

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jamie

jamie

do you think fitzroy should come back to the afl again Empty
PostSubject: do you think fitzroy should come back to the afl again   do you think fitzroy should come back to the afl again EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:26 am

give your opinions, but i have an idea. fitzroy are in victorian amateur division c as the reds. i say bring back fitzroy as the reds in AFL, same team just reds not lions and make a tassie team to even out the numbers. fitzroy can start again, without debt so many people were devastated when fitzroy merged whether they were a supporter or not.
Back to top Go down
tasmanlvr

tasmanlvr

PostSubject: Re: do you think fitzroy should come back to the afl again   do you think fitzroy should come back to the afl again EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:31 pm

Although it would be nice for Fitzroy to come back, who's going to help them out? All the AFL cares about is GWS at the moment - and I don't think Fitzroy's going to come back unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
TheFeldster

TheFeldster

PostSubject: Re: do you think fitzroy should come back to the afl again   do you think fitzroy should come back to the afl again EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 5:21 pm

The AFL aren't gonna add any more Victorian teams. Not with the Etihad Stadium deal going the way it is, plus Tasmania and, to a lesser extent, the Northern Territory demanding to be included. They're getting enough controversy out of GC and GWS.

Plus, Victoria has 10 teams already, and as an interstater, I'm sure that's enough teams, considering it's a National league now.
Back to top Go down
EIMERS !!!

PostSubject: Re: do you think fitzroy should come back to the afl again   do you think fitzroy should come back to the afl again EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 5:44 pm

There are too many Victorian teams as it is so no, yes it was disappointing to see Fitzroy go but move on
Back to top Go down
jamie

jamie

PostSubject: Re: do you think fitzroy should come back to the afl again   do you think fitzroy should come back to the afl again EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 8:20 pm

TheFeldster wrote:
The AFL aren't gonna add any more Victorian teams. Not with the Etihad Stadium deal going the way it is, plus Tasmania and, to a lesser extent, the Northern Territory demanding to be included. They're getting enough controversy out of GC and GWS.

Plus, Victoria has 10 teams already, and as an interstater, I'm sure that's enough teams, considering it's a National league now.

what is happening with the etihad deal ?
Back to top Go down
TheFeldster

TheFeldster

PostSubject: Re: do you think fitzroy should come back to the afl again   do you think fitzroy should come back to the afl again EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:10 pm

jamie wrote:
TheFeldster wrote:

what is happening with the etihad deal ?

Well, the fact that clubs like North Melbourne (the most vocal of the teams, hence why I use them) seem to be continually getting the short end of the stick as far as revenue from Etihad games are concerned. The AFL has tried, and failed, to work out a better deal and is threatening to build yet another stadium in Melbourne to accommodate those teams that currently use Etihad as a home ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do you think fitzroy should come back to the afl again   do you think fitzroy should come back to the afl again Empty

Back to top Go down

do you think fitzroy should come back to the afl again
Page 1 of 1