Hey! Welcome to Aussie Rules Forums!
If you are a member, Log in straight away and get posting!
If you are a guest, register here, we would love to have you aboard!
Hey! Welcome to Aussie Rules Forums!
If you are a member, Log in straight away and get posting!
If you are a guest, register here, we would love to have you aboard!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate

Go down 
+3
Falcon95
TealDevils
TheFeldster
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheFeldster

TheFeldster

Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate Empty
PostSubject: Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate   Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:49 pm

As most of you have probably heard, the Fitzroy Football Club aren't all too impressed by the defacing of their famous Lion in the new makeover for the Brisbane Lions, and are threatening legal action.

What's the general thoughts about this?

For me, I feel it's all a bit of a mountain out of a molehill exercise, but I can understand Fitzroy's frustration.
Back to top Go down
TealDevils

TealDevils

PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate   Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 2:06 pm

Fitzroy helped build the AFL into what it is today, and if it's a contract, it's a contract, you cannot break it, and Brisbane have easily breached it.
Back to top Go down
https://aussierules.forumotion.com
TheFeldster

TheFeldster

PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate   Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 3:32 pm

Yes, that is definitely true.

However, I'm not convinced the design on a Lion on a footy jumper is worth bothering the courts with. It's not really the world's biggest issue, and I can't help but feel it's just a battle of egos.
Back to top Go down
Falcon95

Falcon95

PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate   Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 8:10 pm

well it's still got a Lion on it, and it is only a jumper. The same guys are still gunna wear it (well the very few guys Voss didn't get rid of).

I'm not fussed what we wear next year as I like both of em
Back to top Go down
TealDevils

TealDevils

PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate   Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:38 pm

TheFeldster wrote:

However, I'm not convinced the design on a Lion on a footy jumper is worth bothering the courts with. It's not really the world's biggest issue, and I can't help but feel it's just a battle of egos.
True that it isn't really worth going to court over, but this will virtually kill off Fitzroy, their lion is all they have left.
Back to top Go down
Falcon95

Falcon95

PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate   Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 7:47 am

TealDevils wrote:
TheFeldster wrote:

True that it isn't really worth going to court over, but this will virtually kill off Fitzroy, their lion is all they have left.

to be fair teal, they have abit still left. But we cant have the same jumper forever
Back to top Go down
TealDevils

TealDevils

PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate   Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 9:39 am

Falcon95 wrote:
TealDevils wrote:
TheFeldster wrote:

to be fair teal, they have abit still left. But we cant have the same jumper forever
Not a whole heap.
Well, you won't but the Lion won't change.
Back to top Go down
Falcon95

Falcon95

PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate   Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:04 am

Falcon95 wrote:
TealDevils wrote:
TheFeldster wrote:

you guys cut your ties with the Magpies which you had a history with (not by your own doing, but thats another story). Maybe to keep Fitzroy happy, maybe we should just put a FFC somewhere on the jumper. Something decent size (like the size of Vodafone on the front of the jumper last year)
Back to top Go down
cyclops

PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate   Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:33 am

TealDevils wrote:
Fitzroy helped build the AFL into what it is today, and if it's a contract, it's a contract, you cannot break it, and Brisbane have easily breached it.

It all depends on the wording of the contract if Brisbane have agreed to keep that exact lion on their jumper yes they have breached the contract, but if they have only agreed to keep some form of lion on the jumper no they haven't. Fitzroy before dashing off to the courts would be well advised to get a real top notch lawyer to look over that contract because it will really depend on the wording of it
Back to top Go down
Chris L

Chris L

PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate   Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 2:14 am

All they did was recolour it. its completely insane for Fitzroy to explode over something so small...
Back to top Go down
jamie

jamie

PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate   Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 8:37 pm

when they merged all brisbane had to do was keep the lion, keep part of fitzroy alive, they have breached the contract and will go to court and lose thats it.
Back to top Go down
tasmanlvr

tasmanlvr

PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate   Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 2:10 pm

Maybe they should've put a gorilla on it... Wink Well it IS part of Fitzroy's heritage!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate   Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate Empty

Back to top Go down

Brisbane Vs Fitzroy - The Jumper debate
Page 1 of 1