Hey! Welcome to Aussie Rules Forums!
If you are a member, Log in straight away and get posting!
If you are a guest, register here, we would love to have you aboard!
Hey! Welcome to Aussie Rules Forums!
If you are a member, Log in straight away and get posting!
If you are a guest, register here, we would love to have you aboard!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GWS - Good or bad?

Go down 
+4
Scruffy
Falcon95
twentyone.
TheFeldster
8 posters

Will GWS be a good move for the AFL?
Yes, of course it will, the AFL needs to expand
GWS - Good or bad? Vote_lcap29%GWS - Good or bad? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
No, it will flop and be a waste of time
GWS - Good or bad? Vote_lcap71%GWS - Good or bad? Vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
TheFeldster

TheFeldster

GWS - Good or bad? Empty
PostSubject: GWS - Good or bad?   GWS - Good or bad? EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:41 pm

Well, there's been much debate over the inclusion of a Greater Western Sydney AFL team before somewhere like, say, Tasmania which has a stronger AFL following.

My question is simple. Is this a Good move, or a Bad move?

Discuss Very Happy
Back to top Go down
twentyone.

twentyone.

GWS - Good or bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GWS - Good or bad?   GWS - Good or bad? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 5:48 pm

Bad Move. Embarassment. I hate it. Tasmania>>WS.
Back to top Go down
Falcon95

Falcon95

GWS - Good or bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GWS - Good or bad?   GWS - Good or bad? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 5:54 pm

tassie over GWS. However I think it might do ok, not great but ok
Back to top Go down
Scruffy

Scruffy

GWS - Good or bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GWS - Good or bad?   GWS - Good or bad? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:13 am

Of course it is good there being another new team, although there can't be too much expansion in the afl imho which makes me think it could be a while till there is more Expansion. Which makes there more of a wait for Tasmania to come into things. And imo Tasmania should be coming into the afl.
Back to top Go down
carlton10

GWS - Good or bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GWS - Good or bad?   GWS - Good or bad? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:36 am

twentyone. wrote:
Bad Move. Embarassment. I hate it. Tasmania>>WS.

explain
Back to top Go down
cyclops

GWS - Good or bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GWS - Good or bad?   GWS - Good or bad? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:01 am

Every other club kept the Swans afloat for 25 years when they went to Sydney, so the question needs to be asked how long are the AFL prepared to pour money in to these two new clubs. The Gold Coast was tried and failed when the bears came in the competition and they are going back to the same ground, West Sydney what a joke if they even last 5 years I will be amazed because I can't see the poorer Victorian clubs bankrolling a white ellephant like West Sydney to long. Whether the AFL will admit it to us or not to them its a business, and if a product fails you discontinue it.
Back to top Go down
jamie

jamie

GWS - Good or bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GWS - Good or bad?   GWS - Good or bad? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:45 pm

i think they will do better than gold coast, i would have preferred a tasmanian and maybe northern territory team. west sydney is full of bogan thugby league lovers and they will not have many supporters.
Back to top Go down
Chris L

Chris L

GWS - Good or bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GWS - Good or bad?   GWS - Good or bad? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:37 am

jamie wrote:
i think they will do better than gold coast, i would have preferred a tasmanian and maybe northern territory team. west sydney is full of bogan thugby league lovers and they will not have many supporters.

they should do tassie first then NT because of the location.

NT is super stinker and tassie is basicly the same weather as Victoria just a bit colder.
Back to top Go down
Falcon95

Falcon95

GWS - Good or bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GWS - Good or bad?   GWS - Good or bad? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:37 am

Chris L wrote:
jamie wrote:

they should do tassie first then NT because of the location.

NT is super stinker and tassie is basicly the same weather as Victoria just a bit colder.

Darwin doesn't have the facilities tho. Their only ground holds 15,000 people with only 5,000 seats. My first 2 choices are Tas/GC but then NT in 3rd and GWS in 4th
Back to top Go down
Chris L

Chris L

GWS - Good or bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GWS - Good or bad?   GWS - Good or bad? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:20 pm

Plus tassie has a lot more sponsors to back them up like Cadbury
Back to top Go down
Falcon95

Falcon95

GWS - Good or bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GWS - Good or bad?   GWS - Good or bad? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:26 pm

Chris L wrote:

thought it was Mars? I remember they had the sponsor and the Dogs and another team were still looking for a major sponsor
Back to top Go down
Chris L

Chris L

GWS - Good or bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GWS - Good or bad?   GWS - Good or bad? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 3:34 pm

Falcon95 wrote:
Chris L wrote:

thought it was Mars? I remember they had the sponsor and the Dogs and another team were still looking for a major sponsor

Sorry i thought Mars was with Cadbury =/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GWS - Good or bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GWS - Good or bad?   GWS - Good or bad? Empty

Back to top Go down

GWS - Good or bad?
Page 1 of 1